We’ve been seriously blogging for about a year on DitchingSuburbia.com. We need to stop and take stock of what’s worked, what hasn’t and where we want to go in 2016.
We need to do a content audit.
I found this article on content audits to be a great template to start with. It has instructions for where to get the data and also questions to ask yourself about the data.
- Finding your most popular posts via Google Analytics
- Find which search terms sent you traffic
- Finding posts with the most comments or emails
- Finding the posts with the most social shares
- Finding which social networks sent the most links
- Finding which sites referred the most traffic
- Finding which posts were popular in email campaigns
- Evaluating topics, categories and tags
- Turning this analysis into an action plan
We’ll be doing our Content Audit in the next couple of weeks and I’ll be sure to share what we learn by doing so.