We’ll put together a plan to create, promote and measure your content.
Great content is a bit like the frosting in an Oreo - that sweet spot that glues together the needs of your audience and your business. Now just imagine an Oreo where the frosting is a green smoothie in disguise - also providing nutritional value.
That’s what we’re all about - the green smoothie Oreo cookie experience.
Michael has helped myself (and many others) to develop a focussed, clear content strategy that magnetizes readers and listeners to keep coming back for more.Caleb Simonyi-Gindele @OnlyYouForever.com
Each project is truly a special snowflake with its own set of unique requirements and deliverables, but overall our process consists of Five steps:
In order to create an informed Content Strategy we need to get to know you, your audience, and your current content. We’ll have a number of questions to get answered, and can do that by conducting email interviews, stakeholder interviews, or workshops with your staff:
- What products or services do you offer?
- Who are your competitors?
- What are your strengths?
- What business goals is your content serving?
- Who are they?
- What are their needs?
- How do they decide when and what to buy?
- How well are you doing at reaching them?
- What content do you have now?
- How well written is it?
- What publishing processes do you employ?
- Is your website organized in an understandable way?
- How is it performing in search engines?
- What topics and keywords are right for your content to focus on?
- What content is getting read and what isn’t?
I have just begun defining a blog and Michael has been generous and bang on with his succinct advice.Janet Christie
The research phase usually exposes some obvious move-ahead plans for your content. We’ll organize our findings into a plan that may include:
- New content to fill gaps in current inventory
- Alternate content types
- Revising or killing off content that isn’t performing
- Site architecture updates to improve clarity
- Content edits to better match keyword requirements
- A more efficient content creation process
- An editorial style guide to ensure a consistent voice and brand
- Finding people or businesses in complimentary spaces to partner with
- Finding other other sites you to guest post on
- Determine what social networks are appropriate
- Implement or improve email list subscriptions
- A Content Calendar to map out topics, formats, targeted social channels, etc
- Devising a cross-channel communication plan
You know the old saw about “the best laid plans” right? Drawing on our years of experience in content creation and content management systems (we grok HTML, CSS, structured content and more) we’ll roll up our sleeves and dig in.
We can work along side you if need be, either doing the work ourselves or bringing in extra resources as needed. We may:
- Project manage content redesign
- Create content
- Write micro content
- Set up analytics programs
- Work within your CMS to edit/delete content
- Optimize existing content for SEO and Accessibility
- Work with your designers and programmers to improve front-end code and CMS configuration
- Help manage social media campaigns on your behalf
With our strategy in place and running for a while we’ll go back and see how well we did. We’ll do things like:
- Interpret analytics reports
- Compare social metrics
- Monitor traffic to new content
- Monitor social networks for reaction
- Conduct and interpret user research
- Conduct and interpret content author research
Knowing now what worked and what didn’t we’ll iterate, build on success and cut bait on failed efforts. We may:
- Tweak keywords
- Tweak content topics
- Modify our approach in social channels
- Facilitate training to communicate successful tactics to others in the company
- Perform deeper research on competitors, audiences or influencers
- Recommend ways to further improve the content creation process
Shoot us an introductory email and let’s get rolling!