You Git-push in your sleep, argue text-editors like politics, and school your waiter on UI vs. UX.
But writing a blog post stops you cold.
You Are Not Alone
Take heart - you aren’t alone. Technology companies are often better at implementing technical tools than using them to communicate with their clients.
Stale blogs from development shops, outdated case studies from design firms, and years-old portfolio pieces from technology consultants aren’t hard to find.
You’re too busy.
Writing is hard.
Good content takes time.
It’s hard to measure the ROI.
Cobbler’s kids jokes are easier.
The New Reality
Content, and the marketing of that content, is more important than ever.
- B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that do not.
- Marketers who have prioritized blogging are 13x more likely to enjoy positive ROI.
Producing, marketing, and managing content over time is a struggle. Some stats from a B2B Content Marketing Institute Study:
- 32% say they are challenged with finding trained content marketing professionals.
- 53% do not have a dedicated content marketing group.
- 22% publish new content once a month or less.
- 54% find “Producing Engaging Content” most challenging.
- 55% want a better understanding of what content is effective and what isn’t.
What To Do?
You knew this was coming.
Michael Boyink is a veteran of the IT industry. He’s been straddling the “geek/writer” fence for years.
Crissa Boyink has always been Mike’s editor - if you have read anything he’s written you have benefited from her eagle-eye for consistency, grammar and spelling.
What We Can Do
We’ll put together a strategy for writing and promoting content that will help get you business leads. We’ll put some metrics in place to measure the success of our efforts. And each month we’ll iterate our approach based on what’s working best.
Get In Touch
Design firm, development shop, interactive agency - no matter how you describe yourself we can speak your flavor of geek.