The push is on to get the CJ5 dismantled and out of the driveway. Oh, and that late-night tarping effort? It bought me a mess.
In order to prevent the shift tower from the T90 from poking through the too-small tarp, I had rolled the drivetrain sideways.
Big mistake. Gear oil ran out, soaking the cardboard and the carpet in the back of Dutch. I pulled the drivetrain to the rear tailgate opening and let the excess oil drain into a bucket. But it was windy, and the wind would blow the small stream past the bucket.
I got most of it captured, but still ended up with an oily mess in the driveway.
So much for late rainy night sentiment.
I was surprised to find that this was the original dash. For some reason I thought my Dad had replaced it when he put all the custom gauges, CB, and stereo in.
I also removed the firewall patch for the power brakes.
The steering wheel and outer column are out, but I’m still fighting with the steering shaft, and think I need to buy a bigger pickle fork to get the steering arm out, which will allow the steering shaft free. Then there’s just a clutch pedal to remove, and the tub should be free to come off.
Comments are closed, but you can read the comments other people left.